Jobs in the Swan Valley are available at Elmar’s in the Valley. Browse our job opportunities below.
Customer Service Manager
Elmar’s Smallgoods is a renowned smallgoods company in Perth. We manufacture, wholesale and operate retail shops in Beaufort Street, Myaree and the Swan Valley. We are producers of the finest German and European smallgoods, all free of artificial colour and flavour, gluten and preservatives. Due to an increase in retail and wholesale demand and because we are continually pursuing organisational and structural improvements, we are seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual for the Customer Service Manager position.
Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- establishing and maintaining excellent communication and working relationships with the wholesale clients and working with our retail outlets managers in order to achieve greater customers’ satisfaction;
- reviewing, analysing and creating efficient procedures to improve customer service and to address the requirements of our wholesale clients;
- monitoring staff performance and implementing training initiatives when appropriate;
- keeping up-to-date with OHS regulations, packaging and nutrition requirements, identifying new trends and responding to industry changes;
- working closely with wholesale suppliers and our Elmar’s marketing team to help improve sales and company profile;
- providing feedback and direction to team members and assisting with recruitment;
- evaluating customer service procedures and providing feedback to the company directors;
- maintaining professional networks and representing the company at internal and external functions.
To be successful in this position you must:
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both German and English;
- possess at least 4 years of experience in a similar role;
- have knowledge in European Smallgoods (desirable but not essential);
- have a proven record of effective time management and problem solving skills and be adept at motivating and mentoring a team and managing change;
- be available for full-time work across store trading hours, including some weekends;
- possess a valid work visa or permanent residency;
- have the ability to work independently and responsibly, or in a team environment;
- be approachable, flexible and open minded;
- have a sense of humour!
You will be team focused with a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
Does this sound like the kind of working environment you have been looking for?
If so, APPLY NOW!
Front of house positions
Casual Wait & Bar Staff
Join our fun, friendly front of house team at Elmar’s in the Valley! We offer competitive hourly rates and are seeking wait & bar staff.
Elmar’s in the Valley is a fast paced, popular restaurant and brewery in the Swan Valley, looking for quick minded people to assist with our weekend food and beverage trade.
We are a busy à la carte German restaurant and brewery, offering our guests a relaxed and casual atmosphere with a high standard of service.
- Experience in food and beverage service is ESSENTIAL;
- RSA Certificate required or willing to obtain;
- MUST be available on weekends and some Friday nights;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Hospitality minded people need only apply;
- Bar and coffee-making experience is desirable/preferred;
- Own transport required.
Please forward your resume to Diana Topic at your earliest convenience: firstname.lastname@example.org, (08) 9296 6354.
Commis de Cuisine/ Demi Chef de Partie
Elmar’s in the Valley is a fast paced German Restaurant in the heart of the Swan Valley, Perth offering a modern European dining experience.
Our outdoor fully licensed Beer Garden regularly hosts large functions and concerts, featuring a number of popular Australian artists.
Our kitchen at Elmar’s is up to date with the best of equipment, stoves and refrigeration, and has a friendly and highly motivated team.
We are open 5 days a week; closed all day Monday and Tuesday, as well as Wednesday and Thursday nights.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Daily responsibilities in the preparation and execution of à la carte and functions;
- Stock rotation, minimising waste;
- Creating appealing daily and weekly specials, taking into account seasonal offerings;
- Organising and producing high quality food;
- Knowledge of HACCP standard and maintaining excellence in hygiene in a clean, organised working environment;
- Running multiple functions and events at the same time with a team of chefs.
You will possess the following:
- At least 2 years post apprenticeship experience;
- A valid work visa or permanent residency;
- Experience in European cuisine desired but not essential;
- Ability to multi task;
- Be approachable, flexible and open minded;
- The ability to work independently and responsibly, or in a team environment;
- Multi skilled in a range of sections within the kitchen;
- Comfortable with communicating between departments;
- Innovative and imaginative with a passion for creating great food;
- Able to maintain a high level and consistency in food quality and presentation;
- The ability to work well under pressure and during peak times;
- A sense of humour!
This position is hands on and you will require a solid background and proven track record within high standard establishments, working with the freshest of ingredients to produce interesting, creative, up-to-date cuisine.
You will be customer and team focused with a positive attitude and willingness to learn. Does this sound like the kind of working environment you have been looking for?
If so, apply now. Send your resume to the General Manager, Steffen Hoeer: email@example.com.